Afrimarine Charters Ltd, Nigeria (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Legal Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.afrimarinecharters.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, including but not limited to the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), Directive (2002/58/EC) and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679/EC), the data controller is Afrimarine Charters Ltd, 15 Agodogba Avenue Parkview, Ikoyi, Lagos, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you (such as name, address, email address, telephone number and/or other information) by filling forms on our Site www.afrimarinecharters.com (our “Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to conduct investigations and comply and enforce applicable legal requirements or industry standards;
- to ensure the safety of our information, resources and employees.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above depending on the types of information we receive.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the optimal administration of our Site and our operations.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers on our Site, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Afrimarine Charters Ltd (Nigeria) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Legal Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or the safety of Afrimarine Charters Ltd, Nigeria, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You agree and undertake to refrain from any act likely to damage the privacy and reputation of any other party or any other person by avoiding any libelous, provocative, malicious or threatening comments. You warrant the accuracy and correctness of any information and data that you may provide on our Site and that you are empowered and authorised to provide such information and data.